From:
Eric Oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:55:54 -0700
actually, there is another design that will work. it just requires a 555 timer IC, about 10 or 11 parts and a 9 volt battery. One of the parts can be a piezon-electric transducer. There is a audio watt meter that uses something like this. However, its design is not sensitive enough to function as a field strength meter. I might get hold of the maker of it and suggest some designs he might look at.

DE n7zzt Eric