From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:42:01 -0400
This is probably more a work around, than a real answer:

As long as 12 vdc power is applied to the 590, it is always "on", just
kind of asleep.  Even with the radio turned off, the pc will always see
the USB sound device in the radio. .  If you kill the power supply to
the radio before starting up your laptop,  the USB audio  chip in the
590 won't exist as far as the computer is concerned.   So your laptop
should start as normal.    What happens when you now turn  on the ps to
the 590 is anybody's guess.

73, Steve KW3A