From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2015 21:22:01 -0400
Good luck, Lloyd, in resolving your current RFI noise issue.

As we all know, this stuff can be quite annoying, to say the least.

Some list members may recall that I was trying to get to the bottom of a
very pesky noise issue that I had here on 10 meters, probably about 3 years
ago. The noise was very consistent for a period of at least several months.
...  I actually was able to track it down to a few houses about a block and
a half away from the home QTH.  Then, one day, just as mysteriously, the
noise suddenly disappeared, never to be heard again.

Of course, this doesn't negate the power-line noise I have coming from a
high-voltage power transformer to the immediate northwest of my property.  I
keep hoping that someday, we'll have a nearby lightning strike that will
take out the faulty transformer,  while sparing my antennas all along!!  Of
course, I don't ask for much, do I!  (smile)

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

From: Eric Oyen  <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:34 pm

> grow lights are not the only noise maker. believe me, I have a
> plethora = of sources around my neighborhood. Firstly, the 12 Kv
> overhead power = lines. THose things buzz 24/7 and are particularly
> loud on 80 and 160. = That is not I can handle that with an MFJ-1025
> noise cancellation unit. = Its some of the others that I have
> difficulty with (like the plasma TV = my neighbor has, or the Tivo
> unit out in the front room that throws = spurs all over the spectrum
> from 14 Mhz all the way up into the 2 meter = band. I need to make
> some recordings of all these types of noises and = see what you all
> make
of them.