ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 21:50:35 -0600
Hey Friends,

I want to tell you something that happened this afternoon.  I was taking a drive with my new assistant Crystal, when she saw a horrific accident.  She turned back to see if the lady who got injured was okay, and stayed with her for maybe half an hour?  At one point I got out of Crystal’s truck to stand nearby until they started to take control, I believe.  I think she’ll probably survive, but the airbag that deployed on her made a burn through her shirt and to her skin, and her neck was in pain.  She was talking on the phone, saying this other lady pulled out in front of her and she couldn’t pass.  While in the truck waiting, my watch gave me a tactile signal.  I pressed the round button that unlocks it, and…  It called 911!  So I had to talk with the dispatcher about the accident, that I couldn’t see so I didn’t know where I was, that it seemed being taken care of by police/ambulance/fire department.  I had to explain about my apple watch calling, AGAIN!  (I accidentally called 911 twice around midnight some weeks/maybe a month or so,, not knowing what I was doing to try to fix something.)  At least she was nice and said to call back if we needed more help.  I guess I learned to avoid that signal, when I’m at an emergency site, unless it would call 911 anyway.  Whew!  I wonder if JOel and Sheilah know about tech stuff with phones and media watches such as what Apple connects us to?

So when I came home, I tried to turn SOS off, but I don’t see a way except to turn off the long button being held down.  I decided to make a medical ID using the Health app on my phone.  I set up organ donation with a service that Apple connects to, input medical info in the ID setup screen.  that way, someone can look at the locked screen by tapping the emergency dial, and they can look for my cochlear processors and batteries in case I would show responsiveness to touch but can’t seem to hear.  I want to do more, but I’ll wait until someone reads the list and amounts of medications I take, and add people like you to get a message saying emergency help had been called.  Good thing to learn to do, huh?

Thanks for listening, and please pray for anyone involved.