ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"j.ireland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:48:51 -0700
Chris,

Welcome back.

Lots of folks on this list have had colds, flu and even pneumonia too.  So
regardless of how you got it, don't feel like the lone ranger.  Glad you're
over it.  Smile!  It
seems to have been a difficult time for physical illness.

Regarding your questions,  God is certainly big enough to handle you, your
questions and concerns.  Each of them, however, have had lots of material
written on them.  So in separate messages, we can do some discussion on
each.

On feeling God's love, my first thoughts are that we don't always feel the
warm fuzzy feeling of being loved.  But that doesn't change God's love for
us.  It's good when we are able to feel loved but if we don't, it doesn't
mean it isn't there.  God's
love was demonstrated to us in Christ.  As The Message Bible puts it:

We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can
understand
how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice.

But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial
death
while we were of no use whatever to him.

Now that we are set right with God by means of this sacrificial death, the
consummate
blood sacrifice, there is no longer a question of being at odds with God in
any way.

Romans 5:7-9.

Vicki