ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:53:17 -0600
Welcome back Chris.
Personally, I think it is healthy for a person to choose a religious path as
it gives ones boundries and ruels and in general, a base for dealing with
life.
I do not feel qualified in telling a person what path they should choose
though.
It would be better for the world as a whole if we were all on the same page
but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.
Forcing a person to follow a certain path is wrong and manipulating them is
wrong.
I met a math professor from a near by college once and he had written a
booklet on how christianity was mathmatically the propper path because of
the amount of people who were christians versis those who were of other
faiths throughout the world.
I thought that a little wierd but it suited him with the profession he had
chosen.
Lots of people feel as though they have to prove their views and I don't
think that is necessary even though we all do it.
It is a matter of feeding our eagos I guess.
If you understand me, then you accept me and I feel more secure.  All like
that.
Anyway, welcome back.  Do you belong to other email lists for subscribers
who belong to other religions?
It is hard to get into a religion which teaches something totally foreign to
the values we were brought up with.
For instance, I attended a church camp for the blind when I was a kid and
they were of some religion which didn't believe in eatting meat or drinking
milk from cows.
It was very strange and although as a kid I could have gotten used to the
food for a week, there explaining why messed with my head and I wouldn't eat
meat after I got home for a while.
I don't think it right to expose children to different religions or not at
least to people who practis religions who believe that it is their job to
drag you into them unwillingly.

Take Care,

Matt