ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:38:23 -0500
Another day, and Ben is through surgery.  He is doing better this time,
his blood presure was high but they got it down  and he seemed in a
prety good frame of mind.  They are thinking of moving him to a
transitional unit at another hospital tomorrow if all goes well, and the
insurance company approves.  The doctorhad siad it would be another week
before he was moved yesterday, so maybe he will yet be home with me for
Christmas.
I sat with Ben this afternoon for a couple of hours until he went back
for surgery, he slept for a while and I was able to answer questions the
nurses had so that he didn't have to.

I spoke with my teacher for my Psychology and Contemporary Social Work
class and she said an incomplete wouldn't be a problem, it gives me from
December 18 until  Jan30 to complete the work required for the class, my
grade point average will not be affected as long as the assignments are
completed before Jan 30.  I had thought I could finish in time  by
December 18 when the class is over.  But I think I will do the
incomplete in my online classes, and concentrate on finishing the class
I take on campus, that way I will not feel so overwhelmed by all the
amount of work I need to do.  I can still continue to work on the other
assignmehnts a little at a time, but the stress level will be much
lower.
I really think that is the best thing to do now.  No use in putting
myself under more stress, if the option is there to relieve me of some
of it.

I am feeling much better today.  I just want Ben well, and I want him
home.   Medicine is great, but it can't compare with having someone who
loves you take care of you.

I remember as a child I would have a fever at school, and I would wish
my mother would not be at home so that my grandmother could get me.  My
Mom would give me medicine and put me to bed, but Granny as I call her
would wrap me up in a blanket, fluff the pillows for me, bring me juice,
and tell me stories.  I felt loved, and that made me feel better.

I just wanted to let you all know what was happening.

God bless,

Good night

Rhonda