From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2015 21:19:00 -0500
We are finally moved into our new house!! We spent the first night in our
new house last Friday. We have boxes stacked up all over the place, and it
looks more like a warehouse right now instead of a home. We finally got all
of the stuff out of our old house. Even though we thought we marked the
boxes so we would know what was in them, we still can't find lots of things
we need to set up our new place.

My ham radio room is just about the perfect size. Now, I have the challenge
of setting up my gear and figuring out how I'm going to put up antennas that
will work effectively, and at the same time, not trigger the "covenants
enforcement police," since there is a very strict restriction against
outside antennas. I'm still exploring my options. My most recent  idea was
to put an 80 meter double bazooka in my attack and see if it will work on
all bands with my tuner. I have enough room for it, and I think it might be
quieter and less prone to picking up extraneous electrical interference from
the house wiring and appliances than some other options. It won't cost me
very much to try.

My wife, Palma, has a very nice room just for her Mary Kay office. It, too,
is just about the perfect size.

We encountered all kinds of problems with Time Warner Cable, trying to
transfer our internet service from the old house over to our new one. They
were supposed to have us connected up two weeks ago, and then, we were told
it would be Monday, June 22, but they never showed up; I called to find out
what the problem was and just got a total run around and was told they would
be here Tuesday. Again, nobody showed up. I called them again, and  they
informed me that they had up to 30 days to get us re-connected.  I informed
them that they only thought they had 30 days, but if they didn't have us
operational by the end of this week, I was going to go to one of their
competitors. The person I was talking to responded by asking me if I wanted
her to closeout my account right then, or should she give me a few more days
to think about it? I was shocked at their "don't give a crap attitude!"  It
is amazing how bad the customer service is from some of these big
corporations. Anyway, just minutes ago, we finally got reconnected.

While waiting for TWC to get our service operational, I had to set up my
iPhone as my router using the hotspot feature," and I got it working to
where I could download and receive my email from TWC to my Outlook just
fine, but I absolutely could not figure out what I had to do to set up the
out-going email or the SMTP server to be able to reply to emails and send
emails using my TWC account and the HotSpot I've established. I thought I
might need to change the port setting to an alternate port, but when I
called both the TWC IT people and the AT&T IT people, they didn't know
anything about ports or alternate port settings. So, I just gave up trying
to make that part work.

We have hundreds of boxes to unpack and figure out where all of this junk
we've moved is going to go. I love my wife more than anything, but I swear I
didn't know 90% of the stuff that was in our old house was there, or how it
got there.

Now, I have to get some antennas up and get back on the air again.

Well guys, I have boxes to unpack; so, I better hop to it!! <lol>

Ron, K8HSY

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman

Retired Professor of Marketing