ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 16:12:25 -0600
Steph,

I think I have some understanding about having trouble trusting other Christians.  I was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder, after many years of thinking, as did my parents, and probably many, if not all, the believers I’ve shared my evil thoughts and inner responses to them, as temptations from the devil.  I’m sure the devil used it to his advantage, and so, in a way, I would call part of it temptation and no excuse on my part to make an effort of putting other thoughts in my mind.  I’m learning that I should not try to make myself stop those inner responses, but to focus on doing, as in the action of doing something else, such as thanking God that he has delivered me from this and the promises and comforting words He has given me over time. I can also just think and do other things.  I’ve had a terrible time about just handing it all over to The Lord, and feeling as if I need to make myself stay in the dreaded pain I had to go through to get to victory.  But I need to remind myself that the way to let Him take over is not to try, but to take clear-cut action to think and do something
>  else.  So please remember that you’re not alone in this kind of mistrust of other christians because our issues seem weird or be misinterpreted thus we don’t want to describe it all.  thank You Jesus for steph’s victory!

Praying friend,