ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 2015 06:07:49 -0400
Grant, it is on both bookshare and nls.  The
information is below for those who are wondering about this book.

from bookshare:

Title: Hiding in the Light
Author: Rifqa Bary
Short Synopsis: "After four years of hiding my
faith from my family, I knew that it was time. I
wrote with shaky hands, 'Jesus Christ is my Lord
and Savior. I refuse to deny him....' There was
no turning back now. I had to get out of that
house if I wanted to live. Was this worth risking
everything for? Yes."   Rifqa Bary grew up in a
devout Muslim home, obediently following her
parents' orders to practice the rituals of Islam.
But God was calling her to freedom and love. He
was calling her to true faith. He was calling her
to give up everything.   Leaving Islam for
Christianity cost her more than she imagined but
gave more than she could have dreamed.   Hiding
in the Light is the story of Rifqa's remarkable
spiritual journey from Islam to Christianity. It
is also the untold story of how she ran from her
father's threats to find refuge with strangers in
Florida, only to face a controversial court case
that reached national headlines. Most of all, it
is the story of a young girl who made
life-changing sacrifices to follow Jesus--and who inspires us to do the same.
Published by The Crown Publishing Group
Book File Size: 649.4kb

from nls:

Hiding in the light: why I risked everything to
leave Islam and follow Jesus DB81793
Bary, Rifqa. Reading time: 7 hours, 24 minutes.

Read by Rifqa Bary.

Religion

Biography

Bary, whose parents brought her to the US from
Sri Lanka for medical treatment of blindness in
one eye, describes her faith journey from Islam
to Christianity. Discusses conflict with her
family that resulted in her leaving home at the
age of sixteen and a court case. Unrated. Commercial audiobook. 2015.

earlier, Karen Carter, wrote:
>Awe that is sweet. Congrats to them.
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 26, 2015, at 11:32 PM, Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > Most of you know our youngest son’s wife
> left him and her family some time ago.  The
> divorce has been final for a long
> time.  Everett started dating again but very carefully.
> >  Yesterday, his girlfriend tested for her
> first Karate blackbelt.  When she passed,
> Everett himself being the instructor   of the
> test, awarded her the blackbelt, he dropped to
> one knee and asked her if she would marry
> him.  Alisha’s two daughters were there but
> not of us knew Everett was going to do it.  So
> she got her blackbelt and her engagement ring at the same time.
> >
> > Phil.

John