From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:11:17 -0400
Ron and all,

This is what I had sent to Steve just now.     Hopefully enough to get
started.   Also this applies to the 590s, the 590sg has a different menu
structure, so the menus mentioned below don't apply to the sg version.

***

As for the 590 sound card, first thing is you need to download the
virtual comm port driver from the kenwood site.   This will install as
a comm port
number (whatever) based on what the OS sees.   You can always go into
Windows and change the number of the comm port if the number assigned
doesn't suit
you or your software.

Be sure and follow the instructions and  don't plug in the usb cable to
the radio until you are supposed to.

If  using JAWS, you might want to  go into JAWS first and  tell it to
use the onboard sound card of the pc.  When the Kenwood  USB sound
device is installed,
it may  become the "default" sound card.   Nothing  wrong with this, but
if JAWS is set to use the default card, you will loose speech.   If you
loose
JAWS speech along the way, just unplug the  USB cable from the radio.
  Speech should come back and you can figure out what the problem is.

With this driver installed you can now use the USB connection for radio
control and audio in and out  at the same time, using whatever serial
port number
is assigned to the  USB connection.

What's next depends on what you want to do with the soundcard. Menus 64
and 65 are audio in level and out adjustments.   It will show up in
Windows and
also in various software packages as  USB Audio, or something similar.
You can give it a unique name within Windows if you have other USB audio
devices
on the computer and want to avoid confusion.

Let me know if this wasn't clear, or if I can be of any other help.

73, Steve KW3A