From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2015 20:55:09 -0230
Hi Jeff:
Well you get the basic speech I mentioned in the previous email and you can
connect up the rig to a PC for rig control and logging. You have to get
sighted assistance if you want to play around with the EQ and general setup
etc. As for the filtering, you press the DSP button to cycle through the
various items, DNR, notch, contour, width and off but once you remember the
order you shouldn't have a problem. You get as much speech as the Icoms but
if you really want a fully accessible rig, I'd probably would look at the
Kenwood TS-480SAT or for a few bucks more, the 590, unless your a Yaesu Guy
like I am and prepared to except a little help from time to time and use a
Yaesu product. Again though the FT-450 can be a setup and forget nice
little rig. Look up the FT-450 Yahoo Group, those folks were very helpful
and told me of the setdial trick.
HTH and 73: Mike DE VO1AX

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com