From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:48:22 -0400
Dave,

If you don't get a better answer, try this in adobe:

With the manual open to the first page in adobe reader, look under the
drop down menus for "change accessibility reading options", enter on
this and a window will open.

In the first box, select "infer reading order from document" - this will
probably show by default.

Tab to  the next box.  You want  to arrow down once till it says "read
entire document"

It may also ask if you want to do this all the time. then hit either OK
or  Start, or whatever it says, then the whole document will process and
   you can read it from start to finish.

I had to do this  for the 998 manual.    The active elements site has a
audio version of the manual for the 998, not sure about the 993, or how
similar the 2 units are.

Good luck, Steve  KW3A