From:
howard kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2015 03:23:15 -0500
So it wasn't dropbox, it was windows?
Interesting, and worth remembeering.

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dropbox Automatic File Importing Problem Solved

Dave:

I have quite a few suggestions that I have saved for future reference, but
here is what seems to have ultimately fixed the problem.  Keep in mind that
I'm using Windows 7 on this particular computer.

I know you can be much more specific with all of this, in terms of
customizing preferences for particular types of media and programs, but I
have decided to keep it simple at this point.

1. Press Windows key and type the following into the Start menu search box:
autoplay

2. You will land on the following setting:
"Use AutoPlay for all media and devices check box."
You can uncheck this checkbox, and whenever you place a CD, DVD, thumb
drive, external hard drive, etc, Windows will not show the screen which asks
you what you want to do with the media you've just placed into your
computer's drive nor will it take action on the attached media.

Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ