From:
Mike Keithley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 2015 23:13:44 -0700
Hello list,

I have an audio DSP box to give away. I'm not sure of its name, but I think it's called ClearSpeech. I bought it from West Mountain three years ago.

It is designed to be placed between an audio output from the transceiver and a speaker or headphone. You must be very careful not to over drive the box. I've found that the headphone jack on the transceiver is adequate. In use, you'd work the volume control on the box and use the transceiver's AF volume control to set the input level.

It has an on-off toggle switch, a volume control, a filter depth control where turning it CW reduces noise in the output. It also has a 3.5 MM headphone jack whose level is not controlled by the volume control.

The back panel has a 12-volt power input and 3.3 MM input and output jacks. Output is near the edge of the back panel.)

In operation, you set the input level so that noise is greatly reduced when the depth control is fully CW. It has an annoying habit of falling into a loud oscillation when an input pulse over loads the box. You can stop the oscillation by turning the volume down.

Despite the oscillation problem, this box can really remove noise from signals.

I don't have a manual for the device, but I do have the following:

A 12-volt power supply wall wart, a three-conductor audio cable, and a cable with a power pole connector on one end and the round power plug on the other. I believe that this power pole cable is configured so that a minus 12 volts is applied to the boxes power input. (I've never used it.)

I'm giving this away as I retired the box when I got my TS-590. If you want it, send a message to [log in to unmask]

Thanks.