David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 10:36:55 +0000
Hello
Certainly Icom have such a beast but I have not used it.

I have, however, used both the vl7000 and Quadra from Yaesu.

Both have worked fine with my Yaesu rigs.
They tend to be less forgiving with high SWR however so a further
external ATU or resonant antenna are essential.  My feeling is that if
you haven't a decent antenna system then this ought to be the first
place to direct your attentions.  Mismatches are notorious for causing
secondary problems with TVI etc.

I had the vl7000 for 3 years, and now have had the Quadra for over two
years.

73 de Dave G3YXX

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Tony Halog
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
David