ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
lion ofgod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 07:33:06 -0500
Thanks, Matt for explaining what you thought even though you felt silly saying it.  Please don't feel that way.  All of us who have been reading the Bible for years (and still don't understand lots of it.  Smile.) started out as totally confused as you.  The only way we learned is from hearing sermons on it and studying it on our own.  It's really important to hear from folks like you who are new to the Bible because when we are so used to hearing what it means we forget that others haven't heard.  So when we talk to new folks about the Bible we might assume "Oh, they know that part already" and just not realize folks might have no idea of what we assume they know.  So thanks again and please feel free to ask anything you like.  Not that we have all the answers, but it helps us say "Hey, I never thought of that.  I wonder!" and check it out in the Scriptures for ourselves.

Paul