ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:00:54 -0600
Gees, it's hard to choose a version of the bible to read.
I feel as though I should stick with the old King James version but it is
sometimes hard to read.
The new king james makes more since to me but the new living bible reads
like "my idea of English".
However, I fear that they either twist or make the wording to nerrow or one
sided.
I like listening to Jimmy evans and the women who wrote the book Intimate
issues because they flip flop back and forth and tell you, this is what the
wording in greek said, and this is what the wording in the hebrew said.
I am now reading on the bible gateway.
I got tired of the links to hems and such right in the middle of what I was
trying to read and understand.
What are your thoughts on these different versions?
Terri has a new living bible which has the king james on one side and what
it means on the other or in different little colums or something.
That seems best but I don't know if it is offered in the talking bible
gajet.
I haven't looked at the other translations, just old, new and living.

Matt