From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2015 20:11:59 -0400
If you use the Microsoft Speech Framework with Window-Eyes or NVDA, you find
that it expands a ton of abbreviations. Not only may you get megabytes
instead of millibars, but Marshall Islands instead of millihenries and
multnomas instead of mults (shorthand for multipliers). Steve in
Philadelphia becomes kilowatt 3 A, and so on.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W 3 I U U, Kensington, M D
http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Subject: odd finding at braille.wunderground.com

Hi all!

I often use this site for checking weather in other places, but saw
something there today that really surprised me.

When checking shd, which is the airport code for Shenandoah Valley regional
airport, the forecast looke mostly reasonable, but the shock is the
expectation of temperature, regardless of whether it's talking about night
or day. Jaws says 10000C for all.

The current conditions and everything else seems reasponable, but those
temperatures suggested in the forecast certainly strike me as unthinkable,
hi hi.

Just wondering if others see similar problems with other area forecasts, or
if there is perhaps a better place to look, given that particular result is
so outlandish to be useful.

The main reason I went there today was to see when sunset was in order to
calculate a time for suggesting a sked to a friend in that area, but that
temperature expectation definitely floored me!

73,
Dave

David Allen, Director
Blind-Sight Limited
For computer training and support world-wide, equipment or braille
production please contact me through any of the following ways:
Email: [log in to unmask]
Telephone: 64-3-455-7694 (Home)
64-27-224-5489 (Mobile)
PO Box 9046