From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2015 10:35:42 -0400
Sure, that's the great thing about a second sound card.  Of course you
really can't do this until you have a second sound card on your system.
    Once you have an interface installed that includes a sound card, the
  various ham software packages will recognize  all the soundcards on
the system and you will select which one you want to use for  TX and RX.
  But until you get a second sound card on the system, the software will
only  see the card that is on the pc.

I use JAWS, and there is a way in menus to tell JAWS to only use the
pc's internal  sound card.    There is a way to do it in WE as well.
Someone posted it here once.  I may still have it.   Let me know if you
  need it.

73, Steve KW3A