From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2015 21:52:28 -0230
Jeff:
I'm not sure what PNLCS stands for, probably some Yaesu weird acranum. :)
The contour is a signal inhancing filter. So when you togal the DSP button
to contour, pressing the select button towards the front panel gives you a
certain audio sound.
When you rotate the select knob counter clockwize and clockwize etc, you
get different audio sounds that shape the audio. Its mainly used for week
signal copying but not quite as good as an audio peak filter in CW, which
the FT-450D does have I think.
So you togal the DSP button through contour, notch which is explanatory,
DNR which is the noise reduction, width which narrows things from 6KHZ down
to 3, then 1.8 and in CW from 500HZ down to 250HZ. The last push of the DSP
button turns it off and allows the select knob to jump up and down in
frequency or if you set it in the menu, a push of the select knob towards
the panel, accesses the power adjustment.
This leaves the CS button to activate 1 of many options programmed such as
moni turn off and on, the digital voice recorder etc but when you enable it
in the PNLCS menu item, pressing the F key followed by the CS announces
your configured speech out put. I had mine set to freq and mode
announcement and gave an S-9 estimate.

73:
Mike De VO1AX

Sent with AquaMail for Android