From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 2015 07:26:27 -0400
To make things more confusing, vertex commercial uses the same orientation
as many of the amateur radios on their SMA connectors. Motorola, Kenwood,
and some others use the same as the Chinese ones and I once had a yaesu
FT-10, which is the FT-50 but only 2 meters not dual band and that was also
setup like the Chinese radios where as the FT-50 is more like the amateur
radios. It's very confusing, too bad they won't just standardize on one or
the other. I'm sure everything made I China has a lot to do with it, anyone
ever accidentally buy one of the Chinese made PL-259 connectors? I have a
bag of them and their adapters, they're threaded different from what we
usually use and the barrel will not screw down tight.