From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:31:49 -0400
Alan,

As much as I love my Hex, it is what it is.   For all the positives, it
is still just a 2  element close spaced antenna.   It's not magic, and
not the answer for everyone.    Our friend Mike on this list will have
his on a 60 foot tower sometime.    If I had the wherewithal to have a
60 foot tower, I think I would have  a lot more antenna up there than a hex.

I like the multiband aspect, and the  fact that you can get by without
a  tower and all that  is involved with it.  Also no traps,  but  at the
end of the day, it is still a 2 element beam.

73, Steve KW3A