From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 07:34:59 -0400
        First, I do not think that any particular way of eating is perfect for
everyone.  It does seem that about 25 % of the population does very well on
low fat high carb.  Those people should eat that way.
        From what I've read, about 50 % of the population will thrive on low carb.
 It seems that the other 25 % are somewhere in between.  Each of us needs
to learn what works best for our bodies.  For me, low carb is IT - more
energy(mental and physical), healthier, almost no joint pain, etc.
        On the fruit issue, perhaps modern "man" cannot eat fruit the way the
Neanderthals did because our bodies have had decades of sugar/insulin
abuse.  Neanderthals never had access to decades worth of candy, cake, and
all the concentrated carbo-fats which may have permanently damaged our
bodies' ability to relate to insulin increasing foods, even in smaller
amounts like fruit.
        Just some of my thoughts ...
--Paula--
For the sound of the New Life: