From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 12:35:40 -0500
"Christy J. Keller" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have read the post regarding toaster ovens, juicers, smokers et al, but no
>one has mentioned microwave ovens.

I didn't bring it up as I consider one to be a standard item already in all
kitchens.

> I have not read Neanderthin yet, that is
>my next purchase, but is it a forbidden tool?

If it is then we're all going to have to cheat.

> The reasons why I ask is that
>I have not used a microwave in over 2 years.  I noticed that if I eat
>something that is microwaved I am extremely hungry afterwards.  I feel
>microwaving does something to the food, I can't explain it but it does.

But what types of foods? Ones that today are forbidden fruits?

>My two favorite kitchen machines are an electric steamer (Yes I know I could
>steam in a pot and a vegetable steamer tray but this is something I don't
>have to watch)

Interesting. I do know that rice cookers can be used to steam vegetables.
But suggesting a paleo person get one just to do vegetables didn't make
sense. Are there ones more oriented towards vegetable use than rice? Such
would be a more acceptable item to have around a paleo kitchen.

> and a George Foreman Grill.    I use them almost every day.

What type of grill is this? An outdoor thing or a countertop item?

>So what are your thoughts about microwave ovens

The list had a bit of dicussion on this a while back. I don't remember the
outcome. I suggest you do a search. Either visit the achives at:

  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/paleofood.html

or send in the command

search paleofood microwave

to [log in to unmask]