From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 2015 13:04:36 -0600
I wouldn't mind to build this antenna, but the ham universe page doesn't
give any sort of building instructions, just measurement instructions.
For instance, they speak about spacing and a gap, I understand spacing to
mean the distance between the two vertical elements of the antenna, one
being 3/4 wave and the other being 1/2 wave etc...but the gap and using a
sleeve to adjust the gap doesn't make sense to me yet.
I have never brailled a J pole or slim jim etc, so perhaps I am forgetting
or totally missing some aspect of the antenna that would make this gap thing
perfectly obvious lol.
I have made a twin lead J pole before with less than excellent results, but
I can't quite visualize the copper slim jim design.
Maybe a description from someone who has a copper slim jim would help...the
parts are easy and cheap to get, and with the tw2, I can at least get a
general SWR to tune the thing.

73
Colin, V A6BKX