From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2015 09:22:48 +1200
Hi David!

I get it, hi.

Found this list while browsing the resources at the Handiham site after
finally getting my membership renewed.

Seen so many old friends and mentors here that I just felt like I found the
family reunion after some unexpected detour.

I wondered yesterday what a hampod was, so I looked it up. I can see why
Alan is singing it's praises.

Anyway, I'm Dave and been WD8LDY since 1977, but 13 years ago, migrated
south to NZ, where I've picked up ZL4LDY as that call is easier to use if I
should visit VK-land to warm up, hi. There is an OD180 Vibroplex and a set
of Brown Brothers paddles and the Heath HD8999 on my desk as well as the PC.

No suitable room here for hf antennas, although it would be tempting to load
up the metal fence that separates my postage stamp yard from the horse
racing track that is my next door neighbour.

Still have my old Kenwood TR7950 working, and a few other bits and pieces.

Always preferred CW operating, and prefer it even more as my hearing has
deteriated. Should wear hearing aids, because XYL keeps asking how they
could do any good living as they do in my backpack.

Kiwies love to be world leaders, so we have deregulation. Imagine a repeater
without an ID? Tis true they don't exist here.

I have had better luck with online options such as CQ100, found at
www.qsonet.com but hope to connect with lots of you down the log.

73 or  161,
Dave

P.s. Many have asked me What's 161, then are shocked to learn it is the sum
of 73 plus 88.