From:
Matthew Chao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:58:23 -0400
Hi, Folks.  Am getting used to working my TS480SAT, getting
comfortable with the controls before my antennas go up.  I have a few
questions:

1.  If I want to go to LSB while in CW mode on any band, can I force
the rig into that mode?  I ask that because I might want to go LSB if
I get lots of interference or noise on a given frequency.  I noticed
that when I was on 20 meters and selecting modes, the rig wouldn't go to LSB.

2.  I plan to try and access some 6-meters around my area, or maybe
even 10-meter repeaters.  Can I store splits in memories as one would
with VHF radios?

3.  Finally, I have the interface (USB TO DB-9) cable I bought from
RT Systems.  It shows up in Device Manager as COM9.  However, when I
tried to use this cable with the Kenwood ARCP program, it didn't see
the radio.  Anyone else have trouble with this?  I've been reluctant
to buy USB to serial cables, because they are not all reliable.

Any help here regarding the above would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks in advance.--Matt, N1IBB/AG