From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2015 23:15:31 -0700
Ok, I know this is off topic, but if any of you are within range,
I will talk to you on whatever band you wish within reason, from
a treadmill if I get one.  So now that this is related to ham
radio, I'm hoping for some wisdom and instruction from this
awesome list.  I have been thinking of getting a treadmill for
years to enhance my walking to get in better condition but keep
putting it off.  I know that many pieces of exercise equipment
wind up in garages or getting resold.  Am just wondering what
your collective experiences are with treadmills? I know you can
buy fancy ones that have video screens that let you experience
hiking through various environments like the Alps, beaches,  etc.
that change the grade and difficulty of the walk corresponding
with the visuals you are watching, but I don't need anything
nearly that sophisticated.  I just want a simple durable, no
video screen treadmill.  If some of you can impart wisdom which
can lead me in the right direction here, that would be terrific.
Would just like some average costs, brands, and if possible
ratings for durability.  73, Jim WA6EKS