From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 2015 11:18:33 -0400
Someone was commenting that conditions have been bad. There was some severe
aurora activity a week ago. But 20 meters has been good to Russia and the
Midddle East in the late evenings here.
And today, 15 was open to east Asia and Europe an hour or two ago, and ten
is open to western Asia, Europe and South America this morning, as well as
the Pacific Northwest. Pretty late in the season for 10 meters, and the
solar flux index is only 135, but we're having good propagation right now.
The iranian radar is coming through, but now fading out, at 28600 plus/minus
50 KHz (best to listen for it in AM mode, where you hear alternating buzzes
of about 300 and 900 Hz). I worked RZ9UA in western Siberia on 10 SSB at
about 1330Z.
Great stuff which we may not work again until the next sunspot cycle peak.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com