From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2015 11:33:50 -0400
Hello, everyone.

Since my name was mentioned in the mating thread that, I believe, was
started by Howard, I want to share an interesting mating issue I have found
with the TS590, and my Windows XP logging computer.

As background, I use the N3FJP software for logging, and for CW sending and
rig interface.  I use the ARCP590 software for storing memories and rig
settings in my TS590.

Currently, I use a USB connection for my K1EL Winkeyer for CW sending, and a
straight-through serial connection for N3FJP rig interface.   I use a  USB
connection for the virtual comp port driver and the ARCP 590 for TS590
programming functions.

When I have everything connected, I get no Jaws speech when I first start up
the Windows XP logging computer.  The only way I can get Jaws to speak is to
unplug the ARCP590 USB connection at the radio, Re-start the computer, and
then plug the ARCP590USB cable into the radio  again after Jaws has started
speaking.  After I go through this little trick, everything works fine.

I'm interested in any suggestions I might try to correct this little
anomaly.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ