From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2015 10:52:24 -0400
Ron,

Good luck with your dealings with LDG.   Don't forget, this could be a
shortened, or vacation week for some people.   Hope  you can get the
info you need.

The frequent questions about  the availability of the TW-1 or TW-2 units
makes it clear that there is a need for something in this area.

Every so often there is a post about  something being looked into or
developed, but they never seem to see the light of day.

The talking swr/power meter in the 590 is nice, but  no help when
running an amp.

The currently available  stuff usable by a blind ham isn't cheap.  A
Powermaster by Array Solutions in conjunction with a Hampod is  probably
the better part of $1,000.  I think the Hampod will also work with
Elecraft meter, but not sure if that would limit you to a Elecraft radio.

I use a Wavenode WN-2,  which  is pc controlled and has speech.  The
software is very graphical  and I find  many features  not usable,  but
hot keys will give  swr and power readings.    This is in the $400
range, but doesn't need a  Hampod.

Anyway, something usable,  and  that doesn't break the bank would be  a
big help to the blind ham world.

Good luck in your quest, Steve KW3A