From:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:15:43 -0000
Hi Ken,

I'd back the KX3. It is accessible for the most part, the CW interface is fine, but not complete in that it doesn't describe the menu functions. That can be done via a Hampod, but once set up, you'll hardly need to fiddle with those.

One drawback that I have mentioned to Elecraft is that the CW interface blocks the VFO B display functions. I haven't checked to see if that's been resolved yet or not, it probably isn't at the top of their to do list at this time.

Anyway, it's a great rig and you can get the 2M module fitted as well. I went for the 4M version here.

Cheers and 73,

Terry, GM3WUX

DESCRIBE ONLINE - IMPROVING ACCESS THROUGH INFORMATION

Terry Robinson B.Sc
82 Albert Rd.
Crosshill
Glasgow
G42 8DR
Tel: 0141 423 2683 - Mobile: 07771 610002
Web: www.describe-online.com