From:
John J Jacques <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 06:07:34 -0700
Hi Adrian, welcome to the list.  If you haven't tried EchoLink in a
while, you should check it out again.  The latest version is much better
about working with routers and firewalls.  The only ports you have to
forward, if you do, are 5198, through 5200, and that poses no threat to
your security, as far as I know.  Also, if you have to, you can use
EchoLink in proxy mode, and bypass your port issues completely.  If you
have a smart phone, either I OS or Android, you can get EchoLink for your
device, and it is very accessible.

73, and hope this helps:
John, EchoLink KD8PC-L, node number, 91232

John Jacques
Amateur Radio Station: KD8PC
"Whare Cat Is, Is civilization!"
Robert A Heinlein