Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:35:47 -0500
I don't think that light sensor has a narrow enough opening for what you
want.

There is one made by a chap in Australia which is ideal.  It is a squarish
device with a photoelectric diode in a small tube.  It is perfect for
recognizing indicator lights on appliances, which side of a sheet of paper
has printing on it, and he claims even different colors of LED's.  I haven't
tried mine with that, but it does work very well for telling which light is
on on an appliance display panel.

When I worked for my friend in AT, we did distribute their product, but we
don't any longer--not sure if anybody in the States does.  The guy's name is
Charles, his website is at

http://www.psbengineering.com.au/Products%20for%20the%20Visually%20Impaired.htm

But, unfortunately, I didn't see his light probe listed, but he still might
make it.

Steve, K8SP