From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2015 08:59:36 -0700
When construction of Stan's superstation begins this summer, I will be
looking for advice on setting up a remote capability so that I can run the
station from my home QTH here in Phoenix.  While being able to operate the
entire station would be great fun, my guess is that starting with small
steps might well be the best course of action.  If I could operate just one
of the radios, amps, and the numerous antenna arrays, might be an achievable
starting point.  In addition to the Flex 6700 and Kenwood 990, Stan just
purchased a pair of Icom 7600's, a Yaesu FTDX3000, and a Yaesu FT9000MP.  If
the remote setup could be limited to even just one top of the line rigs I
would be satisfied.  Stan could dedicate one of his numerous amps to the
remote package, and that would be plenty good enough for me as well.  Once
we have a basic configuration up and running remotely, we could expand the
configuration to include other radios, amps, and perhaps additional stacks.
As I said previously, I will be seeking advice from the group here to help
get the remote up and running.

73
N7MIT