From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2015 11:04:48 -0000
Hi Alan and all

As you point out, phasing is essential with such antennas.
This is why most of the DX-peditions use elevated radials when using phased
vertical arrays.
They can cut them to length at home, make ure that the phasing is correct,
and not be reliant on the vagaries of ground conductivity.

I think that it was the five star Spratley Island group who first used this
system.

73

David W Wood