From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2015 16:51:06 -0600
High Altitude Research Project is one of the acronym meanings.  They are
high power transmitters which supposedly beam RF signals straight up and
they are said to effect the upper atmosphere to change propagation.
Conspiracy groups also say they are used to control weather.  They claim
they are no longer transmitting but no one believes that one.

Phil.
K0NX