From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2015 14:43:14 -0400
Matt,

Nothing wrong with an external tuner.   It will probably have a better
matching range than the internal tuner, but isn't magic.   Maybe contact
the antenna builder  and get his advice.   Perhaps some tweaking of the
antenna or feedline can save you the cost of a tuner.

  Do the other bands tune to your liking?   Are you trying to go from
3.5 to 4.0 mhz?   It may be a lot to ask of a 73 foot antenna, no matter
what tuner is used.

Good luck, Steve KW3A