From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:58:48 -0500
What else is interesting about the boat analogy is that I've fished out of
fancy boats costing thousands and thousands of dollars, and I've fished out
of little aluminum, flat bottom boats costing almost nothing in comparison,
but the fish didn't seem to know the difference! <lol>

In like manner, I was able to work rare DX stations, breaking through
pile-ups on my first try using my simple, very inexpensive, homebrew loop
antenna, beating out some of the big guns running considerably higher power,
probably well over the legal limit, and expensive, commercial antennas
sticking up practically into the F layer!! <lol> Damn! Does that ever make a
fellow feel good!! <lol>

Ron, K8HSY