From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 15:57:10 -0500
I don't think the problem will be the use.  The problem wil be the parts and
the inability to replace of find what is needed.
Many of the rigs made in the late 80's and early 90's are already
unrepairable if certain chips go out.
You can still find the parts to keep a 60 year old valiant running if
necessary.
You will wonder why you fought going to a modern radio once you have one
under your hands.
The changes in technology that have been made in 45 years have to be
experienced to be appreciated.
Duel vfo's, memories, no tune xcvers on receive and transmit, general
coverage from below the broadcast band through 6 meters, all modes, computer
control.
Its all a different world!!!
Not to mention QSK with enough power to drive your amp if you want.