From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:15:24 -0400
Ron:

Thanks very much for your thoughts on not needing the alc for the ALS600,
when driving it with the TS590.

I am going to do away with it as you and others have suggested, for all the
reasons you have stated.

Thanks also for the "heads up" on the reflected power concern, and the far
greater importance of good antennas to minimize that concern.

These are all great observations which I will continue to take into account
here as I learn the intricacies of operating the ALS600 with my MFJ
auto-tuner and the TS590, and as I try to make improvements on my antenna
situation here at the home qth.

On amore general note, I want to sincerely thank you and everyone else on
the list for your patience and continued support as I have worked to get my
new equipment up and running here.  I am not afraid to admit that I have
been a bit gun shy with the new equipment, and probably overly cautious at
times.  But, I guess maybe some of that is normal when you consider that I
have just spent approximately $2000 on the new gear.  I have never spent
this much money on new ham equipment, and want to be sure it turns out to be
as positive of an experience as possible.

Thanks again to all for such a great list.  I can only hope that I return
all the help I have received in some way as I try to respond to questions I
feel I can address.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ