From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:52:09 -0500
Don,

I don't know anything about the LDG tuner (and very little about the
MFJ), but here goes:

If you can't see the display, I'm not sure of a simple way to tell what
mode you are in.     I assume that by "mode" you mean  either automatic,
or semi-automatic.   As you hit the 2 buttons to switch between modes,
you will get a single beep for  automatic, and 2 beeps for
semi-automatic.    I usually leave it at semi-automatic, so not an issue
for me.

For what it's worth, the menu's wrap around  and unless you remember
where you left off, you won't know where you are.      I  set mine up in
2008 with sighted help and never had to go back.

There are CW alerts for too much power for tuning, too little power for
tuning, and too much power for the tuner to handle.   Also a crude
system of beeps  for reading SWR (that I don't use).

There are beeps to tell which memory bank is active and which antenna
port is activated.

All of the above is for an 8 year old MFJ 998.    Perhaps some
differences in  other models, or later versions of this one.

73, Steve KW3A