From:
Dave Basden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:19:47 -0800
We had one of those Admiral rAM adios with a volume on/off knob and a
tuning knob.  It's rejection was so poor I could run a jumper from
the external antenna terminal to whatever and pick up shortwave
stations.  I eventually got a Hallicrafters Worldwide, which was
similar to the Zenith Transoceanic.  It ran off a huge battery, so I
could take it outside away from all the noise in the house and listen
to all kinds of short wave broadcast s from the Air Force base near
Fairbanks where my dad was stationed.  Before his tour was up, I had
my novice ticket.

73,

Dave, W7OQ