Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2014 15:08:48 -0500
Well, the last I heard it will be standard for textbooks next July and NLS
will switch the first of January 2016.  Yes,  there are things that we don't
like about it.  Our country is the last English speaking country to adopt it
so there really isn't much choice. As I understand it, all of the Braille
display manufacturers, with one exception, have now included it as an
option.

Bob KD0BR