From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2014 17:33:15 -0500
This email just came in from Serotek.

I am posting it here due to the interest on this list.

Mike
Duke, K5XU

From: Serotek Public Relations To: [log in to unmask]
Subject:Revving Up for the Road Ahead

Serotek is undergoing some changes to better meet your needs as a
digital consumer. The assistive technology industry has been shifting
for a while now, and it would be foolish to believe yesterday’s formula
will continue to work in today’s age of wearable technology, smart
homes, and interconnected media.

Understandably, there may be questions about the longevity of the
products and services you have come to rely on. For years Serotek has
thought outside the box to deliver the most affordable solutions with
the best customer and product support, and there are no plans to
reverse this pattern of innovation to meet you where you need us.

You may also be wondering about the future of the SeroTalk Podcast
Network, arguably one of the leading content providers on all things
technology. There is a time to cover headlines, and there is a time to
create them. As long as the community remains interested, SPN will
evolve alongside its parent company. For now, we have to deal with the
reality of blunt, but truthful, comments such as that left by one loyal
customer who wondered if we were finally going to stop socializing on
the podcasts and finally get back to product development.

Given the number of conflicting rumors surrounding the popular
platform, the story is this: Ownership of SPN was offered to Joe
Steinkamp and Ricky Enger under a highly attractive earn-out formula.
Serotek offered to continue financing the website, podcast, and
production and platform hosting required to maintain a consistent user
experience. Serotek is aware of the value they provided to the
community. Unfortunately, they elected not to accept this offer. The
Serotek team has no doubt Joe and Ricky will be a valuable asset to the
community in other capacities and wish them all the best in their new
endeavors.

Our goals were not to eliminate people, but rather, to realign the
company structure and shift company functions that are hindering
growth, steps that were required to keep Serotek from becoming one more
casualty of the new landscape. It is unfortunate that three other
teammates abruptly opted to follow other directions, but we respect
their choices and also wish them the absolute best in whatever they pursue.

Change is sometimes a scary prospect. Yet change moved us away from the
cell phone to the smart phone, from the TV to the tablet, and from
yesterday’s computer to today’s cloud. We’re working hard to keep you
in the middle of it, where you belong. Contrary to competing rumors,
Serotek is not down for the count. We’re squarely in your corner and
ready to meet the next phase with the same fervor we’re well known for.

Stay tuned. The best is on its way, and you are going to be a part of it.

Date:today at 3:53 PM