Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Nov 2014 21:19:53 -0500
Ron:

To make a long story very short, I tried getting the USB virtual comport
driver to work on two Windows 7 computers a number of years ago, but had no
luck, and decided to go back to a serial port configuration for my TS590.

With Steve having just sent the new USB virtual comport driver, I'm now
encouraged to try it again.

Admittedly, my logging computer is an old Windows XP machine, but perhaps
the newer software will work better.  My TS590 now also has the newest
firmware which might help too.

Will keep everyone posted when I get the time to try things here.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Dr. Ronald E. Milliman]\\`
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: FW: N3FJP software Port Locking Issue

Guys, excuse my ignorance here, but why aren't you, Tom, using the USB port
on your 590? I am obviously missing something. It seems like you could
connect your computer to the 590 going from USB to USB port.

I am still holding off purchasing the N3FJP software package because of the
problems Tom is experiencing. I want to see how this scenario is going to
play out. I am also puzzled at why one or two people are encountering this
problem, but evidently the rest of you who are using this software are not.

Is it because Tom is using an old XP computer? I'm planning on using a
laptop that has Windows Vista  on it. I don't like Vista all that much, but
it is an extra laptop I have that I can dedicate entirely to ham radio.

Ron, K8HSY