From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2014 19:40:02 -0600
Phil, I think you will really like your KNFB Reader once you get more used
to how it works. I also have the KNFB Reader, and was able to use it quite
effectively right from the download. I demonstrated it to our South Central
Kentucky Council of the Blind group this last Sunday. That really impressed
everyone is when I took a business card out of my pocket and told them that
I had no idea whether the card was rightside-up or upside-down. I lined up
my iPhone 5, using the "Field of View Report," which tells me if the camera
is lined up and lets me know if the iPhone is tilted one way or the other. I
snapped the picture, and the KNFB Reader read it to me almost instantly. It
read it almost perfectly, and what really impressed everyone is that the
business card was upside-down. I have some other apps on my iPhone that is
supposed to read documents, books, etc., but none of them come even close to
the accuracy and quality of the KNFB Reader. To learn all of the features
and get the maximum performance out of the app, it takes some time and
reading the instructions and practice.

Ron, K8HSY