From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 22:42:17 -0400
Jim,

I've played around with a few different things, but keep going back to
MMTTY which is a free download.   Only RTTY, no other Modes.    It's far
from perfect, and since JAWS  spells by letter, best suited for chasing
DX or contests, not any sort of ragchew QSO.

I TX using FSK mode and turn the RX filter down to it's narrowest (250
hz on the 590).     While I've never used it, I know the 590 has a data
mode for SSB where you can set tight filters and then TX in AFSK using
the  radio's soundcard.    With RX filter set narrow, you would tune
slowley over the incoming signal untill  the screen reader  starts
reading out something that makes sense.    Now you are tuned right on
the other guy and can call him.

73, Steve KW3A