From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 07:29:47 -0400
Richard,

I'm not much of a 6 meter guy, although my new antenna will work on 6.
For what it's worth there is a VHF contest this weekend, starting at
1800 UTC Saturday.   I don't think you work CW, so most of the  "good"
stuff will be USB with the main calling frequency at 50.125.    Most of
the folks will be using horizontal antennas, but there is no reason you
can't make some contacts with your antenna.     The other station will
just want your 4 digit grid square.

You may also hear 2 meter USB around 144.200 for this contest.

As time goes on, you will learn what modes are used where and when and
so be in the proper mode at the proper place.

How is the antenna working?   Since you do have a tech license, there
are places in the HF band where you can check it out and see  how it works.
   Maybe prowling around the bands will entice you to upgrade.

73, Steve KW3A